What if.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by iluvscag, Jun 15, 2005.

1. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

The other day I was just browsing on ebay and I came across a SCAG 3-wheel rider. It was like a 1996 model, and it had low hours. It also had a decent price although I don't remeber what it was offhand. This thing had a monstrous 28 HP Kubota Diesel on it. I all of a sudden had a brainstorm....

What I thought of was take off the seat and swivel part and make it into a walkbehind. I mean think of it you could get through any kind of grass with that much HP. It would also be great on hillls. Give me input or your opinion on this idea or if you think it would work.

Thanks for Reading,
    Garrett

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

What's wrong with the 3-wheel rider v/s the walkbehind?
    I don't see the point.

Now, I'm not real familiar with those, but I don' think it would work. The 3-wheel rider steers with the rear wheel.

3. iluvscag

Ohh...my bad. I thought they steared with hydros. Anyway I would just like it because it has more power. I have "Tim Allen Syndrome."

:rolleyes:

4. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

They dont have pistil grips like most walk behinds they turn weird almost like a regular riding mower.

5. iluvscag

Hmmm...I think that sounds kind of un-comfortable. ;)

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

If you like mow-power... you just can't go wrong by choosing Kubota... especially the 28!

Gas lawn and garden engines are nowhere in the same league.

7. CleanCutMaint

CleanCutMaint LawnSite Member

I bought a B7800 Kubota tractor last year. 30hp. It didn't have enough power to get out of its own way. tractor has a poorly designed 3 point hitch area and the power just sucked. Not what I expected from Kubota...........

8. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

No, not really. They are a zero turn machine, but you will typically have to do a three point turn like a ZTR. They are decent machines, I have run one for a little while last season with a friend. As long as they have the larger size engine like this one, they are bears. The one I ran was only a 20HP, and it was noticably slower than a ZTR.

It was decent on hills, as the motor sits right over the 2 drive wheels.