what is 15 residential accounts worth if sold???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by skip1718, Jan 22, 2008.

1. skip1718

skip1718 LawnSite Member

what is 15 contracted residential accounts with one commercial account that annually bring about 30,000.00 worth if i were to sell? all pretty close together

2. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

very little, $3k maybe $5K

3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

For how long do you have these costumers?:drinkup:

4. skip1718

skip1718 LawnSite Member

they would be contracted for a year? Albery's Lawn & Tractor who did you come up with those numbers????

5. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

It's been discussed on here many times before. 10-20% of gross. You only have 15 accounts. Before I would pay more then $3k I would spend that on advertising and could easily get to the same numbers. Sorry to burst your hopes of a high dollar amount but you have to realistic.

6. Itzkcatz

Itzkcatz LawnSite Member
    from CT

My father bought an entire landscaping company with 100 plus accounts and equipment for 15 grand, It was out of martinez georgia

7. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

you could sell them for 3 months gross with contracts.

8. skip1718

skip1718 LawnSite Member

sorry to turn the post around but i am looking to purcahse these accounts and was trying to get the correct number from people that have bought small accounts.

9. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

If they were HERE and in the right areas, I'd give $5000 without even worrying about it. (Standing offer to any Hutch guys, if you wanna sell accounts, call ME:))

10. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Why not just spend the same amount on advertising? Most say it will cost you $100 per account gained, so if you spend $5,000, thats 50 accounts. Even if they are cheap accounts that only pay $100 a month for 7 months of the year thats $35,000 without any extra's. I don't understand why guys are willing to shell out big bucks for someone else's accounts. But thats just my way of thinking.