1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What is a 1999 36" eXmark....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ealbertson, Feb 15, 2002.

1. ealbertson

ealbertson LawnSite Senior Member

What is a 1999 36" belt driven eXmark with a 15 hp Kohler engine worth? According to the guy selling it, it is in new condition. They used it to mow a cemetary for one season. He is not an LCO. I haven't seen it, so I am not sure of the condition. If you would please assume it is in the condition he says it is. It is quite a ways away, so I don't want to bother if his price is to high.

Thanks for any input,

2. Heavenly Green

Heavenly Green LawnSite Member

BRand new in 99 they were in the range of 2300.to 2600.
    I bought a new 99Exmark metrohp 16hp vangard engine belt drive for 2,999.00
    If its a 36"metro hp Id pay 1500. to 1800. in good condition.
    if its a 36" metro I wouldnt pay anymore than 1500. for it.

3. lamblawnscaping

lamblawnscaping LawnSite Member

I bought a brand new exmark metro 48" with the 15hp Kawi for $2200. You just have to make the dealers bid against each other and whoever wants to sell it the most gets your money.

I wouldn't pay more than $1250 for that 36". I would look for an older one possibly with a bad motor for around $500. Stick a new motor on it and there you go. There really isn't much to a gear drive walk behind besides the motor and the trans.
  4. I have a question.

In 7 years I have never seen eXmark even offer a B&S on their mowers till this season with the Diahatsu LC, how do you get one on your mowers?
  5. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

LGF ive got a 9yr old 16hp Vanguard its been the best engine ive ever onwed. Ed if that 99 is in excellent shape with low hrs, around 1500 is not a bad price. Marks Mowing Service
  6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I disagree. $1500 is toooooo high.

I have a 2000 metro 36" belt. My distributor has had a special on these units since 1999 or $1999. I picked one up brand new last week for a friend for that same price ($1999). Most people picked them up for $2000 to $2100 new back then. I would say $1200-$1300 is a good price.
  7. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know if this will help or not but, I bought a 1999 36" Exmark Viking hydro, 15hp Kaw in what sounds like the same shape as what you are saying, for $2300.00. I agree that about $1300.00-$1500.00 sounds fair. I personally would only buy hydros units after having owned a belt drive. This is not meant to start an arguement, just my opnion.
  8. Heavenly Green

Heavenly Green LawnSite Member

L.G.F., I dont Know how I got one it just came on the unit It was
    the first mower I ever bought and its been a great engine for me
    it a 16hp. Vanguard V-twin starts first pull everytime.

Ive read several of your post and you can make a lot of sence
    most of the time and good info. But why do you always second
    guess everything people are trying to say on here. Seems your
    the type that always has to be right. Every post I read with you in it turns into an argument. WHY??????????????

Steve@S&S Heavenly Green Lawns:confused: :confused:
  9. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

10. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Regardless of how little use the owner "claims" this unit does not have on it the TRUTH is that of the cemetary operators Ive seen who are paid by the hour, you are better off buying beaters from a reputable LMO who has maintained that piece of equipment well in order to keep the lights on and his children fed -LOL!!!

I would make them an offer of a $800 and wouldnt surpass the $1000 mark personally. The truth is this machine might have some newer tread on it, has been painted over and is worth less than $1500.

If you arent really sure, ask them to take it to a repair shop/dealer YOU trust and then have the shop let you know what an honest appraisal value is so you will know what kind of offer to make the owner.