What is a blow out baffle?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Jackman, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Jackman

Jackman LawnSite Member
    from Zone

In reguards to the 60 inch Lazer Z what is a blowout baffle? Why do I read that it is a much needed part? Iam very happy with the way my Z with Ultra Vac performs can it get better , what do I need?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Jackman,

The blow out baffle is an extension of the "flow control" baffle that is welded underneath your mower deck. In some areas we can reduce the amount of debris and dust escaping from under the front of the mower deck. This is generally only a condern when cutting or bagging in dry conditions. Often simply switching to the solid airfoil blade or low lift blade you can achieve the same desired results as well.

Thanks

Terry

3. Jackman

Jackman LawnSite Member
    from Zone

Thanks Terry I had thought from reading other threads that the blow out baffle was an option that would improve performance apparently its aready in place....

4. eXmark

Jackman,

The flow control baffle is welded in place at the factory. The anti-blow out baffle is a seperate baffle that extends the flow control baffle closer to the ground.

Reports are that it will help reduce the amount of dust and blow out in some cutting situations.

Thanks,

Terry

5. Jackman

Jackman LawnSite Member
    from Zone

Terry

I am getting confused here. Is the "anti blow out baffle" an option on the Lazer Z or a standard part of the mower deck.
    Thanks Jack

6. eXmark

Jackman,

It's an option that bolts to the baffle that is already in place.

Thanks,

Terry