what is a fair price for 60 turf tracer with 20hp kohler? 1000hr

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clydesdale, Feb 16, 2006.

1. clydesdale

clydesdale LawnSite Senior Member

Used machines on ebay and such. What is a 04 turf tracer with 1000-1300hr worth? I see them go up to 2700. Some are 2300. What is a fair price for these machines. I want the 23hp but have not seen any.

2. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

I would say that no price would be fair. The machine is underpowered in my estimation. I would look for at least 25HP on a 60" machine.

3. clydesdale

clydesdale LawnSite Senior Member

nobody makes that machine. It is a walk behind. Either 20 or 23hp.

4. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

I stand corrected as I have never used or purchased an Exmark, with that said I still say go with the largest engine combo, 23HP, and you will not be sorry.

5. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

When I purchased my 60" Turf Tracer I considered buying a 20 hp but the dealer strongly urged I get the 23 hp instead. He was right. I don't think I would even consider a 20 hp at any price.

6. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

If its been maintained and in good shape I would say somewhere around 2300.00 would be fair. New those machines are closed to 6k (if that helps)

7. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

For a 20HP I would not consider paying more than $2000. I agree 20HP is underpowered.

8. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a 60" tt 23 kaw and if you are cutting weekly it will never bog down. imo this is the best overall mower on the market today.

9. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

You also need to take into consideration the amout of hours. 1000 - 1300 is a lot, and if the engine/entire mower hasn't been well maintained it's near the end of it's life. Also find out if the spindles have ever been replaced and if "yes" then find out when. If they haven't been replaced that may be another repair needed in the near future. What kind of shape is the deck, wheels, hydrolics, hydro. hoses, belts, and blades in? There's no way I would give anybody $2300-$2700 without being able to physically inspect it, and look over all the maintenance records first.

10. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

There was a thread about the ebay TT's a week or two ago. Most of those machines are leased to big companies like truegreen and brickman. It's really hard to say what you are going to get with one of these mowers. I was considering buying one for a backup but never for a mower that needs to be run 5 days a week. I decided to buy another new mower and avoid the headaches of breakdowns on a used machine.

BTW How many of you have run a TT with a 20 hp Kohler. I'm guessing few to none. Having run both the 20 and the 23 with 60" decks, there is minimal power difference between the two. The Kohler has a lot of torque. The 23 just burns more fuel.