What is a good aluminum landsape trailer brand ?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Green surfer 1, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Green surfer 1

Green surfer 1 LawnSite Member

Thumbs Up:I am seeking information on a aluminum landscape trailer manufacturer/brand that you guys outhere have dealt/purchased recently or in the past? I would like to know if you have had any maintenance issues , with them? or what to lookout for in them. Looking at a dual axle trailer for mowers an equiptment. Any information or history of your use with them would be appreciated.:waving:

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I haven't seen any lawn guys around here use them. What are you trying to achieve by going aluminum? I know the prices are significantly higher than steel.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. mybowtie

mybowtie LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I have a cargo mate....Its a great trailer, but I abused mine, and used it for equipment I shouldnt have put on it. 5 yrs and its time to relpace

4. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

I know of 5 trailers in the area running aluma trailers. I think all are single axles though.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Green surfer 1

I have understood from a few friends that these trailers are less on maintenance if any for life of trailer,an pulling one with equiptment on it is like pulling air. I run enclosed and metal open trailers presently.We sometimes paint them or replace wood, nuts bolts etc.

6. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

You could probably buy 2 or 3 nice tandem metal trailers for the price of one lower end aluminum trailer.

7. mybowtie

from NY

I payed under 3k for my 16' dual axle open in '07. Tips the scale at less than 1000lbs. Gate is light weight, and im not bustin a nut liftin it.

I did have to have the gate rebuilt and reinforced last yr, and the railing needs help, but like i mentioned in a earlyer post, i abused mine.

I have a cousin that had the same trailer. he would back his kubota z diesel to the front, and then put his jd rider on the tail...last yr the tounge snaped off the frame. I think the diesel z was too much tounge weight, and the trailer couldnt handle it.

8. Green surfer 1

We are going to a local trailer dealer sometime next week to see what line they carry an prices to start. What brand did you have ?

9. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

we have a triton tandem, has been good.

10. mybowtie

from NY

Cargo Mate