What Is A Good Backpack Blower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SharpCutLC, Aug 18, 2007.

1. SharpCutLC

SharpCutLC LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

just wanted to see what you guys are using. We have always used stihl and we are looking for some new backpack blowers. what other names are good and longgg lasting?:drinkup:

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

BR600 for me...plenty of power and very easy to start. There is also less smoke and noise compared to a 2 cycle.

3. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

4. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

RedMax 7001 or 8001

5. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

That link only tells you something if you're a homeowner.

6. DaddyRabbit

DaddyRabbit LawnSite Senior Member

Another vote for the technologically advanced Stihl 600 :clapping:

7. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

That website says this about the BR600 "This is a 4 mix motor (2+4 cycle hybrid). It runs on regular mix. Stihl kept the weight down at 20lbs. While lighter than the Redmax 8000 blower, the difference in power is substantial. This machine does blow as hard as the Redmax 7001, which is still pretty good."

2+4 cycle? So its an 8 cycle?...come on people its a 4 stroke just like any other engine the only difference is the lack of an oil pan and instead using lubrication in the fuel like a 2 cycle. Why cant people get this through their heads? Oh, and its not a hybrid either!!!

8. hotwired

hotwired LawnSite Member
    from maine

I have 2 Echo BP 755 and love them. I think they're ONE of the higer rated cfm and mph wise, not THE fastest, but close, and we can rip pine needles up out of long grass with them. My advice with backpack blowers is to get the HIGHEST mph and cfm you can. getting 75% of the horsepower for 75% of the money will NOT yield 75% of the results.

9. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I second the Echo 755. I have one and also teh 751. Nice blowers. Might not be the biggest and badest but for 75-100 bucks less I think I will stick with echo for a few more years.

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Stay with stihl....BR420 is proven unit and has not changed much....if you need more power and weight go up to the big Echo it is also tried and proven unit.....both of these are reliable unit and will last a long time under heavy use.