1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What is a good billing program?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by We do 4 U, Aug 6, 2002.

1. We do 4 U

We do 4 U LawnSite Member

What is a good program to do end of the month billing? I am a one man part time show and am ired of doing them on ms works. I also would like to under $100. Thanks
  2. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I use QuickBooksPro, but it is more than $100 (maybe around $250-$300).
  3. AAATreeLandscape

AAATreeLandscape LawnSite Member
    from MA

INVOICES & ESTIMATES PRO....works great and I think I paid like $30!
  4. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

There is a program called Lawn Guy.. It looks okay for a small business but I don't have any firsthand knowledge about it. It is in your price range at $75. I don't think I'm allowed to post the website (am I?).. so email me if you are interested.
  5. parkmaster

parkmaster LawnSite Member

Spend the money and get quickbooks pro or premier.
    a good business investment. It tells you who owes you money
    what bills to pay. Helps you with banking and other stuff
    related to business.

Just up graded to quickbooks 2002 premier, been using quickbooks and still learning the program.

Best investment I made.
  6. Highlander

Highlander LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I bought Quickbooks a few months ago but haven't begin using it yet. Looks like it will be a good program though. Once you enter the customer info once, the program remembers it and automatically enters it for you the next time. It did run around $200.00 though. Currently I use MS Excel to do all my billing and it is a pain. I spend a few hours each month just doing billing. If you use Quickbooks for invoicing and MS Excel to print mailing labels/envelopes you can probably save yourself quite a bit of time each month.

7. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Don't be cheap, buy Quickbooks and you will be glad u did.
  8. anthony

anthony Guest

9. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

We do 4 U -

Check your e-mail.
  10. williamslawn

williamslawn LawnSite Member
    from SC

Highlander: You can export your customers from excel to QB. You will be able to print your invoices with the customer names on it. You will need to get double pane window envelopes and you will not need to print mailing labels. Also if you need scheduling look at Qxpress. (Very Good Product)