What is a good first commercial blower?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Grass With Class, May 1, 2006.

1. Grass With Class

Grass With Class LawnSite Member

I have been looking at Red Max, Stihl, and Shindaiwa but don't really know what to look for? Not sure what blowing speed i would need because i have never used a backpack blower before. Any input on good backpack blowers would be greatly appreciated.

2. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

All the brands you mention are good blowers, and good equipment period. The air volume, or cfm is the main spec to look at. The three brands stack up well against each other.Parts availability and which has the better dealer support, might be the deciding factor.

3. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

Dealer support is what I look for....I have Stihl handheld power equipment. My blower of choice is the BG65, which I have 3 of.:usflag:

4. Grass With Class

Thank you guys, i will look and see what i can find out about each.

5. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

What ever you do buy the biggest blower you can afford. Stihl BR 600. Red Max 8000 and so on. The 200 more between the cheapest blower (quality) out there and the biggest baddest blower out there will end up making you 10 times the amount you spend on the bigger blower.

6. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

6'7 hit the nail on the head. Don't get caught up with mph claims. My air compressor has unbelieveable mph but would take all day on a property. Look at cfm's and when you compare, make sure it's out the tube and not without the tube. Happy shopping!:)

7. A1A Lawn Care

A1A Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Shindaiwa is what i use and they have all from low end to top of the line. I love mine and highly recommend them.

8. Grass With Class

I really appreciate it guys!

9. dougmartin2003

dougmartin2003 LawnSite Senior Member

my ex girlfriend was a pretty good blower----- lord i apologize.. i have been looking at the redmax also but havnt mad up my mind yet

10. MuleCutter

MuleCutter LawnSite Member

i'm a stihl and redmax guy. for me stihl has the best weight and enough power to be the best "all around" blower. i made a BR 400 out of some old pieces of 3 different blowers about 4 years ago. it's blows as hard as a new one and i love it .... but i have to admit... the redmax 8000 is the way to go for power. only drawback that i have for it is that its a bit heavy but it certainly does the job.