What is a good hotel to stay at for the EXPO??

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Mr.Mow-It-All, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

A nice, affordable, close hotel. This will be my first year to go and will be staying thurs-sun and want to hear from the guys who have been before about what hotels would be good. Thanks

2. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

Just according to how much you want to spend on lodging we were looking at Town Place suites and think it was like 290.00 or close to that price for a studio suite for the 3 days are you flying in or driving if you are flying and need a car check out Dollar rental got 1 for like 75.00 for the 3 days .

3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I'm driving down but am also deciding on a hotel. I will probably be down there from thursday thru sun or monday.
    Thanks in advance for any recomendations!

4. big ed

big ed LawnSite Member

i am from texas, does anybody think this would be worth the money to go expo in kentucky

5. Pumper

Pumper LawnSite Member

The prices depend on where you want to stay. Some of the guys stay north of town in Indiana (like New Albany or Clarksville) but since the Expo is on the south side of town, I prefer not to drive through Louisville traffic. I go up a couple of times a year for the Expo and the Farm Machinery Show. I stay on I-65 south of town. There is a Fairfield and a Hampton at Exit 117 (Brooks Road, I think the town is Shepardsville (sp?)). There is also a Days Inn and a Best Western at exit 121. The Best Western is where I started but it is kind of old and dated but the rooms are about $60 or so. The Hampton and Fairfield are about $100-110 a night. I know from the Best Western to the parking lot at the Expo is 15 minutes. Just some thoughts.

6. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

Do not know, but we are from the North East side of Texas and we are going this will be my first one to go to but I look at it like this this is our summer get away . And if we see all we want to see at the Expo then there is other stuff to do so I think that it will be alot of fun and actually meet some of the members of the Lawnsite community Twj

7. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya, I might be driving down also, seeing if its going to be worth it or not with the way fuel prices are. That and I'm sure that there is nothing there that I have'nt seen before.