1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What is a good lawn and turf mag?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by We do 4 U, Jun 17, 2002.

1. We do 4 U

We do 4 U LawnSite Member

What is a good lawn and tuff mag? I'm looking for one that has a lot of "how to" info, not profiles on big companies. Thanks.
  2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

turf is as good as i know. applicable to our particular nich.
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I've found Grounds Maintenance to be about the best and informative. There are many more actual articles than in Turf. Also, the Lawn & Landscape is a good one. But personally, I think they're all good.;)
  4. cowman66

cowman66 Banned

5. dodgeman

dodgeman LawnSite Member

I subscribed to the free subscription the other day. Is this in print form and sent to the house? I don't want to sound stupid but it really isn't clear on there web site. I am new so I want to read as much as possible so I am as ready as possible for next season.

6. prairie

prairie LawnSite Member
    from kansas

Turf Mag, Landscape Management, Landscape & Irrigation are the 3 that I like the best. Pro isn't bad, but doesn't really have any reading material, in my opinion.

You can do a search for Reading Material and you will find about 6-8 magazines to read. Subscribe to them all and see which ones you like the best
  7. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

Turf was the quickest to get and is the most dependable (the checks in the mail guys). But they're all good reading material. They all interconnect and stimulate my creative juices. Get'em all and see what I mean. Speaking of Turf, I was suprised by one of my posts from this site being reprinted in there.
  8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Your PAYING money for free magazines???

I would pay for a subscription to a mag that has unbiased tests of equipment, and more articles.

I enjoy all of the above mentioned magazines.
  9. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

Pro, Turf north, Walker Talk, all good.

Landscape from New York
  10. RMDoyon

RMDoyon LawnSite Member

Most of these publications are worth what you pay for them.

Pro and Landscape Management are the most informative out there.

Pro always has a few surprises in store which keeps me interested. Pro is the most connected mag and they are beginning to achieve some industry convergence.

Turf is the worst. Their "buyers guides" are a joke and a waste of space.