What is a good set-up for a new business?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GreenHor7, Feb 28, 2008.

1. GreenHor7

GreenHor7 LawnSite Member

Should i make that investment of buying a perma green or a z-spray. This is the area that i want to focus on so i am thinking aobut making that investment.

2. bj22

bj22 LawnSite Member
    from ny

I would say in a start up situation start by pushin until you can justify makin a payment for the ride on. The ride on is great but if you are doing small lawns it my be able to wait.

3. GreenHor7

GreenHor7 LawnSite Member

I am doing around 750-900 per app but i am looking to increase that business by advertsing. My average size is around 30k so thats why i am considering a ride-on.

4. bj22

bj22 LawnSite Member
    from ny

Go to PG Zspray forum

5. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Few years ago I would have recommended starting with a good walk behind spreader and a back pack sprayer. Its short money and you can do some great production numbers with just that and a pick up truck.

But lets face it, ride on units are the future of this business, or maybe the future is here right now. So I say if your plan is to grow and you can afford to get one then go for it. If your thinking of PG you can check out their site for used ones. But normally I would recommend buying new.

You say your avg is 30k, how many lawns do you have? What do you think you will finish off the year with? You dont need to tell me, but be realistic in your growth plans. If you only have 6 lawns right now and you think by the end of rd 2 you will have 300 and your gonna get them all with door hangers then you might be off a little on your final numbers.