What is a good sprinkler that will cover a lot of distance?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by QualityLawnCare4u, May 7, 2007.

1. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

I am having trouble visualizing 50' using a garden hose though..........

2. Remote Pigtails

Remote Pigtails LawnSite Senior Member

You can also turn the water way down and it becomes a drip system.

3. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Buckner's claim... but I have seen them go that far when attached to a 1" hose on ball fields.

I think I've seen them go about 35' on a 3/4" hose/stand. Much better cost on other rotor sprinklers if 35' is all you'd get.

4. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

All my hoses look that way already. except with lots of duct tape:laugh: Yeah, that is pure redneck material there!

5. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

6. PurpHaze

Think of the upside too. It's portable so you can lay it on your driveway and then you have a redneck carwash. :laugh:

7. LCPullman

LCPullman LawnSite Senior Member

For the kind of thing your talking about, I think a good brass impact would be the kind of sprinkler you want. Good impacts generally provide better distribution across the whole radius than the gear-drives for single head use.

8. Eakern & Dog

Eakern & Dog LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, indeed it will work well as a soaker! I have one in my back yard flower beds. I keep it hidden under the mulch. It works well for my needs.

9. PurpHaze

I know we often kid about impact sprinklers but they're a tried and true sprinkler that's been around a lot longer than rotors and other types. We still use them in our QCV systems and if someone needs a spot sprinkler for a hose application we get them a wire stand equipped with a 1/2" adjustable impact. It's reliable and pretty much everyone knows how to adjust them if need be.

10. Eakern & Dog

Eakern & Dog LawnSite Senior Member

Any thing to save a buck :)

P.S.

If the water pressure is decent, you can use a 50' to 75' hose with slits and still use a cheapo nelson oscillator sprinkler at the end getting additional coverage.