1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

what is a good trimmer to get

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowerboy04, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

i'm looking to get all new hand tools weed wip, edger and blower and was wondering what is good to buy?
  2. FreshCuts

FreshCuts LawnSite Member

RED MAX for all
  3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

If you use the SEARCH Feature and type in trimmers you will find TONS of answers to this.
  4. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

In your listing you have a 93 Shindaiwa,is this a trimmer or BP?
  5. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

it is a trimmer
  6. CamLand

shinny makes a good trimmer t-271.how many accounts do you have? and who do have business insurance through?
  7. all degree

all degree LawnSite Senior Member

Cam dont be a jerk. The kid is asked a question about trimmers. Either answer it and move on but dont start seeing if he is legit or not. I hope he isnt at 15 and that he is making a few extra dollars.

At least he is not pretending to be something he isnt like a lot of the other younger guys.

Cut him a break
  8. CamLand

Excuse me,what the heck are you talking about? i was helping the kid. he lives in my area and was going to give him info on what he would need for insurance if he didnt have it already and was looking at getting rid of some accounts.but you already knew that already and stuck you nose into it...
  9. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I've been very happy with my shindaiwas. right now I have a t261, t231 and an eb501. if your only looking at maintaining lawns then I think that the 231 would be good but if you want try getting some lot clearings the I would either get the t261 or the t272. the eb501 has really served our company well and for what were doing( which is small residentials).

hope this helps
  10. minerapex

minerapex LawnSite Member

get something that a dealer near you has. Service is big. I have a redmax/shin dealer near me. I got the REDMAX backpack blower, handheld blower, and three trimmers (I'm in love with there trimmers, will always own one now.) And you can't beat their blowers:D