What Is A "Scrub"?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 13yearoldcutter, Jul 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 13yearoldcutter

13yearoldcutter Guest

I see alot of talking about the "scrub". What is it, I'm 13 and dont have alot of equipment a only a few customers does that make me a scrub? Please help me I'm lost.
  2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

scab is a silly word that people here use to describe other people in the business that dont do things the same way as they do. the fact remains that each man will operate his business the way he sees fit, if hes doing something wrong he will pay, this is america and everybody has a right to earn a living, or at least try. in a business such as this, where the competition can start with as little as about $100, and can be male or female, and be anywhere in age from 10 to 70, the competition will always be fierce. if this is something u cant exsist with, find another line of work. good luck to you, and god bless. bob
  3. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

A scrub is somebody that doesn't pay taxes, doesn't have insurance, a good truck, or very nice equipment and sometimes, they don't do a very good job on a lawn. Some people on here have different views on what makes a scrub a scrub. I guess I'm one :D. LOL. Next year I'm going to try to talk my parents into letting me pay taxes and I might get a small insurance plan. I have fairly nice equipment. A true scrub has a junky, old, craftsman and just a trimmer. That's what sets me apart. I've got a residential mower, but at least it's a Toro. LOL. I've got a Homelite trimmer that runs great, but I will be replacing it next year. I've got a BR 320 Backpack blower and a Toro Groundsmaster 44". So you see, you have to have basically no equipment, cheat the government, risk your home and life, and do a crap @$$ job to be a complete scrub. The younger guys on here don't count insurance and taxes wise, I mean us REALLY young guys. Just try to get that stuff if you can. I know that I'm going to try to get that stuff next year. Later.
  4. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Do a past search on the "term"

Chuck Keough
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.