1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What is a scrub

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by EZTarget, Apr 16, 2004.

1. EZTarget

EZTarget LawnSite Senior Member

What do you consider a scrub?
    A HS kid trying to make money to take the ho on a date?
    Someone trying to get money for the next fix?
    An old guy looking to finance the next bottle of Old English or Pabst Blue Ribbon.
    Or a guy that is makin 90k and about to lose his job. Tired of the Corporate Politics, always wanted his own business, willing to take a pay cut to do his own thing, and knows that business is cutthroat but that you have to be good to be competitive.

just curious
  2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Oh Great. Here it goes again. Fuse is now lit.
  3. EZTarget

sorry, guess that was a bad subject?
  4. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Everybody in this trade buys a job, some just spend less. Thus a scrub.......
  5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Just a subject that will always blow up.
  6. triadncman

triadncman LawnSite Member

if its #5 then....I guess im a scrub, cause thats exactly what i did to do this, I walked away from the corporate world on 1/27/03 to fly solo in the lawn biz. Never going back
  7. EZTarget

i have spent the last week on this site. have learned a great deal from what is posted here. there are so many knowledgeable people on this site. and i have enjoyed all of the stories told here. if i could just find the "what have you run over" thread again to show my wife.

i do have one comment on the people who complain about the people "stealing trade secrets" and "back in my day i learned as i went". back in your day, there wasnt a 3GHZ PC, just a trash 86 and punch cards for the ibm.

this is the age of instant info! feel good that you are teaching someone NOT to be a scrub.

~probably will have to change my id now.....
  8. EZTarget

amen triadncman! i hope i have the B@lls to do it. im sick of this poop! plus since it's fixin to go away..
  9. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I might be wrong, but my idea of scrub is this guy that I see who works for one of the labdscape companies in my town. This guy is about 55, and owns only one shirt. When he gets out of the truck, it looks like he's got the worst hangover known to man. I have seen homeless that look better than this guy. If looks good stink...he would.
  10. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

did the term "scrub" derive from the word Scab? just wondering

by the way, it's Johnny "$20" Srubbynuts now