what is a snow plow

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by 4x4k20, Dec 9, 2000.

1. 4x4k20

4x4k20 LawnSite Member
    from ga

i live in ga never seen one

2. fordkilla454

fordkilla454 LawnSite Member

4x4k20,
    Where do you live in Georgia. Im living in Atlanta right now. Like you ive never seen a snow plow either. How much do they resemble a dozer blade?

3. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

4. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

5. 4x4k20

4x4k20 LawnSite Member
    from ga

i live in williamson ga.i have never seen a snowplow up close mounted on a pickup can they be used for other purposes

6. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

I think we've just entered the Twilight Zone"

7. MJ

MJ LawnSite Senior Member

Interesting posts, though, considering the site we're on. Welcome and stick around.

Mick

8. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

Here in Illinois, we use them in November to hunt and process venison prior to snow season.

9. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

I've used them to push leaf piles back into the woods at places where I was dumping them (with permission of the property owners).

10. Guest

At our shop complex there is a warehouse that has tractor trailers coming in all day, and everytime we are out in the yard some of the truck drivers come over and always have many questions about the plow controls in the cab of the truck and what the frames on the front of the trucks are for and ect., ect. Most of the drivers are from Georgia or Florida and they all say the same thing that they have never seen one before!!!! Crazy HUH