What is a year 2000 Exmark Lazer Z HP with 130 hours worth?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hubjeep, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Hubjeep

Hubjeep LawnSite Member

I am thinking about selling my Lazer Z HP, 23 Kawi, 52" deck, looks brand new. It is a year 2000 model with 130 hours on it. What do you think I could get for it?

A Kubota diesel ZTR with 1,100 hours is for sale locally for $5,500 (28HP, 60" deck).

Whatcha think?

Thanks,
    John

2. Hubjeep

Hubjeep LawnSite Member

Howdy,
    I know it is tough to put a value on used equiptment, I just want to get a feel if it would be worthwhile to sell and buy the diesel.

From what I see on the new $5,500 sounds good for a diesel.

Thanks

3. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

Its hard to say, i saw a 60 in 25 horse fuel injected exmark with 4200 hours go for 4000 dollars at auction this summer. depends on the market around you. I would probably price it at 3500 to 4000 range. age doesnt matter much on a exmark ztr from what i have seen in the past, just the hours and the shape of the machine.

4. joshco84

you might even be able to get more than that out of it.

5. Hubjeep

Hubjeep LawnSite Member

I was thinking somewhere around $4.5K

The diesel I am considering to replace it is a ZD28 Kubota with 1,100 hours, seller is asking $5.5K could offer $5K. :confused:

I did a search for the ZD28, read a couple threads about weight, and trans problems, hmmm.

Any opinions would be great.

6. joshco84

i would keep the exmark over the kubota. we ran a kubota for a bit (demo). for me it was too big, heavy, bulky, and just felt weird mowing. definately like the exmark better in my opinion.

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I think it just depends on the applications.

Often guys will buy a mower that is too small to really reap out the production on their accounts. A bigger mower is then warranted and fits the application better.

If you on the other hand bought the right size mower for your application, then yes I can totally see where you might be coming from there.

8. Hubjeep

Hubjeep LawnSite Member

Not really a production issue here. :D

Basically want to get the entire fleet diesel. :) Any more opinions on the ZD28? Thanks

9. Eric D

Eric D LawnSite Senior Member

John,

Is fuel type the only reason you want the ZD28? I would think the Exmark with only 130 Hr would be more reliable then the unknown history of the ZD28. If it were me I would stick with the known reliable zero with few hours over the Kubota. Just my two cents....

Eric D

10. Hubjeep

Hubjeep LawnSite Member