1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What is best Echo Blower Model for leaf blowing

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by HealthTurf, Sep 12, 2007.

1. HealthTurf

HealthTurf LawnSite Member

Ok, guys...I've been using Echo blowers now since I started my company in 1988 and love them. Currently I'm using Echo PB-403T's and I need to purchase another blower. The model #'s have changed over the years and I'm wondering do I stick with the 403T's or go for more power like the PB-620 or PB-755? I'd also consider Sthil or Shindiawa but prefer to stick w/ the Echo....recommendations welcomed!

Charles Murray
    Health Turf Management Inc
    "Health-care For Your Lawn":usflag:
  2. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

shindiawa backpacks are very good blowers, but are a little pricey. i have never used an echo bp (i love my handheld though). and i dont like stihl stuff. just my 2 cents.
  3. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

755 is a beast. Russopowerequip.com has it for $400!!!
  4. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont know which ones are the best, But I can tell you that if you are looking for lots of power, You dont want the PB-610. You want a higher model.
  5. CuttersEdgeks

CuttersEdgeks LawnSite Member

i tried my buddies kawasaki the other day and I will be getting rid of my 403 echo and getting one of those. I have there timmer and prefer it over my echo aswell
  6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a PB 620 and it seems, at least for me, that it has plenty of power. I like it mainly because it has the tube mounted throttle with the cruise control thing, rather than the hip mount. It blows wet and dry leaves just fine. If I were you, go with the Stihl BR600 or the RedMax EBZ8001:) Either of those will handle your leaf issues
  7. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the echo 620. I decided on that model because i took the advice of one of the engineers who designes them for echo. If you want maximum power and big price tag go with the 755. He sold me on the 620 because he said it has the best running record in the line-up. I have been very happy with it (especially with the price he got it for). I know every company makes good products but I don't have any expierence with the others. I have always thought that if you have good luck with a product from one company stick with them. That has worked with me in the past and I hope it keeps working that way in the future.
  8. BLKSS

BLKSS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

i just got the echo pb413T yesterday, it is enough power for me right now, very nice blower. now my stihl bg55 handheld is backup.
  9. HealthTurf

HealthTurf LawnSite Member

Ok, guys, it looks like I'm going to go with the Echo PB-620. I can get it for a decent price right across the street from where I live and it's the same place that already services my other Echo equipment.
  10. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member