1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What is eating my grass?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by cej93, Jun 6, 2008.

1. cej93

cej93 LawnSite Member

Can anyone give me a clue as to what is eating my St Augustine and what to put on it to stop them from eating it? I sprayed some Spectracide Triacizide last week but have some new spots where something has been eating. I mixed the correct amount but have to wonder if I screwed it up on the application. Any thoughts or advice on whether the Spectracide Triacizide is worth using or if I should be looking at trying to get something else would be greatly appreciated.

I know these pictures aren't the greatest and I will attempt to get some more that give a better overall picture of what the entire yard looks like.

Thanks again,
    Eric :usflag:

2. cej93

cej93 LawnSite Member

Couple of more pics....

3. jamze7417

jamze7417 LawnSite Member

im just curious what type of st augustine is that?
  4. cej93

cej93 LawnSite Member

I honestly have no clue; St Augustine mixed with some dollar weed here and there. I am not a turf guy by trade I just think a majority of it is St Augustine. I honestly didn't know that there were different types of St Augustine.

Take Care,
    Eric :usflag:
  5. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like cinch bugs. Where in the panhandlle are you? If close to FWB take picture over to extension office on Hollwood and they will steer you in the proper direction. Or go over and talk with Karen at the Lesco dealer