What is everyone doing right now?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mtdman, Mar 9, 2004.

1. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I don't mean right NOW. I mean this month, in general. Not you's that are working already. I mean for those of us in the northern areas where grass isn't growing yet, but there's no snow work to be done.

I keep feeling like I should be doing something, but I don't know what. I've got all my letters out, won't start advertising for a few weeks. I'm rearing to go, but not sure what to do.

2. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

I hear ya I wanna get out mowing myself, but its brown grass outside and who knows could get another snow storm, lets hope not.
    Im finishing up sending out my contracts for renewal and Im getting my advertising up and going. Changing my ad alittle and gettin my trailer lettered too. Also making new fliers up and plan on putting those out next week.
    Then gotta work on the machines getting everything running, also wanna build some shelves in my trailer yet too.
    I have lots to do, including the landscape school work i have to do for class.
    Just enjoy your vaccation now, by mid summer your goin to be wishing you had this much time. Just get everything organized for the season now so it all runs smoothly, paper work that is.
    Matt

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

right now I pray everyday that it doesn't snow for I can start on spring clean ups.

I have already finished all my pruning. Right now I am in the process of cutting down approx 53 trees in an orchard later this week.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Putting out bids, making phone calls, and getting some of the equipment ready to go. Right now, we have about 4 Lazers from different lco's in the shop waiting for work on various things.

5. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm mowing grass, doing spring clean ups, garden bed maintnenace, landscaping installs..

6. trying 2b organic

trying 2b organic LawnSite Senior Member

Got my first mow on Wednesday, doing estimates, booth at garden and flower show. Lots of advertising which hopefully will transition to estimates then work as the cut season starts. A few pruning jobs left and a couple mulch installs left.

7. IndyPropertyCare

IndyPropertyCare LawnSite Member

Mulching....Pruning.....sunbathing :eek:

8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Doing some clean ups here and mulching, gonna be time to mow in a couple of weeks

9. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Fertilizing a few cleanups.

10. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Cuttin Grass........:p