What is everyone using for fertilizer apps?

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Hineline, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Hineline

Hineline LawnSite Senior Member

I have sourced many different nutrient forms and release mechanisms for my applications this year. I have one synthetic with two N sources, two organics with a number of different natural sources and I am kicking that with a splash of Fe and Micros on every app. I am planning to charge $8-9/K depending on size of the property. What are you guys charging /K and what are you using?

2. phillie

phillie LawnSite Senior Member

I do 4.50 to 7 depending on the size.. Right now im using 22.0.5 3% iron.

3. Hineline

Thanks Phillie! 3/4 of a pound? What area size to you make your price breaks?

4. phillie

Ya, 3/4 lb. Im not real big right now but Im happy to do a 15000 for $80-$90. Which is between $5-$6/k. I get them all day long at that price and people are happy to pay it. Pretty decent profit to me considering it only takes one bag.

5. Hineline

Do you mow also?

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

$6-$7 per k here but that won't mean anything to anyone but myself.

7. Hineline

Why? 7 for smaller lawns and 6 for larger lawns?

8. phillie

I don't mow, just fert, squirt, aeration, seed, insecticides, and minor landscaping. I go lower the bigger it gets to help the customer out. If they are getting a good deal they are more likely to sign up for more services such as aerations and seedings. I look at how much money I can get yearly from them rather than per service. It works out pretty well for me but might not for you depending on your situation.