what is everyone

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mark B, Jan 13, 2004.

1. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

up to since the board is real slow? I guess alot of you are plowing snow or enjoying the time off. :D

2. SamIV

SamIV LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Sleepyhead, where Ya been. I'm staying busy, this is my time of the year I do most of my installs. Finishing one up tomorrow. 88 six inch heads in several beds in a large court yard, all using the Hunter bubbler's that fit on a spray head. Fellow did not want spray on his house at all or drip installed, so I went this route. The board is real quiet. Not as many rookies giving the big guys a hard time lately. Most of the familiar names have all but disappeared. How's the Dingo treating you? Any hook-sets lately?

Sam

3. Mark B

Hey Sam glad things are going good for you. I have been fairly busy so far. I have also been fishing alot. :D I made it down 5 or 6 times this fall. I ended up with 2 40"+ drum and 4 yearlings. All were caught on bait. I had 2 trip that it was BLOWING hard 20+ NW winds. I only seen 7-10 fish caught on those trips. On my last trip I caught 5 strippers and one was 40lbs ( yep that is right). That is the biggest stripper I have ever caught or seen. Here is the link to the pictures. I hope everyone enjoys it. The guys gave me a real hard time about my gloves. I told them my wife likes my soft hands :D. This is the best obx fishing board on the net. I hope it is ok to post a link.

my minnow

4. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Where you from in NC sleepyhead? I took off a little early today. Did not have the rod with me but there was a nice run of stippers in Kitty Hawk. Saw lots of 30-40 pounders caught. Wish I had my camera with me...the birds were going nuts!

5. Mark B

I take it they were on the beach or were they off the beach about 300 yrds? I was down 2 weeks ago. The OIFC boat parking lot looked like walmart... I might go back down 1 more time.

6. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

They were out of casting range for sure. Probably 300-400 yards. Saw a few john boats out there. I am not that brave! One came in and had some nice fish on board. Give me a shout if you come back down.

7. Mark B

I caught that fish at OI.. I don't know when or if I will even go back down depends on the weather. I have a kayak if I had some cold weather gear I would launch from the surf and go out and get me some of dem big boys.

8. We are still working also...I am in /colorado enjoying the snow...my tech and install crew are working away in Arizona. I am making plans to perhaps go to a "repair" only situation. I may just employ techs and do small installs...but my install crew foreman wants to be self employed....do maybe I will sell him leads!