What is Exmarks next move?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tacoma200, Aug 31, 2006.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Just wondering, Exmark is being very quiet. I assume they are staying up late and working over time to make improvements on the Triton deck or maybe coming out with a new deck. Now if you work at the Exmark booth at Lousville during the show what are you going to tell the folks about next year. I think they need some good news to motivate any customers with concerns. They are bound to be working on something. I am hoping they will get any issues worked out with the Triton. I think that's why they are so quiet, they are waiting to make sure they don't have problems again. The deck seems to be doing well in the deep South if I'm not mistaken. We will see.

2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I went by our dealer today...........
    They have a sign out front that says "sale on Exmark commercial mowers...."

3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

It wasn't a going out of business sale I hope!

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

No, there hurting with too many units sitting in crates.

5. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

well im hoping of getting a 2007 lazer Zas this spring wit ultravac bagger and striping roller. and what ever money i get left over is advertising.

also hoping to get 40 accounts next year.

if i dont get the exmark i will get a 2007 gravely 148Z with pump assist bagger and a striping kit.

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

They need to address the TRITON problems first of all.

Second....they need to re-design the Lazer line.

Offer something different from TORO.

Higher HP diesel.

Faster speeds.

7. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

After reading all the threads on here pertaining to the Triton fiasco,My dealer dropping Exmark didn't turn out to be so bad after all LOL

8. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I notice here yesterday that one of the larger exmark dealers here had moved their scag line out in front of the exmarks......had them hid real good even

9. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Who knows if they're up to anything.

There are a LOT of people who know about their f-up with the Triton decks. How much validity there is, well I can't say firsthand because I have never mowed with Triton. But I doubt that all the horror stories are much ado about nothing...

I love my Turf Tracer and I'd buy another, and anything with an Ultracut or Trivantage deck. But Triton, no way in hell.

10. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got to demo a Triton deck. Guys in my area say they cut great. My dealer has had no complaints:confused: . I'd like to see for myself.