What is front blowout?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Oliver1850, May 15, 2002.

1. Oliver1850

Oliver1850 LawnSite Member

I did a search on blowout, however, the term has been used at this site but never really defined. I am not too sure that I have even ever experieneced it.

I use a Laser Z and a Scag Tiger Cub with the Advantage deck. I was never aware of blowout until I purchased the Tiger Cub which has an adjustable front baffle to adjust airflow for the type of cutting conditions i.e. Spring = thick and wet, Fall = leaves and dry. The advantage deck advertizes the ability to control blowout, particularily in the fall.

Wondering your thoughts and experiences on the subject.

2. swn

swn LawnSite Member

Blowout is the grass clippings, dirt, dust, leaves, etc. that comes out from the front of the deck while your mowing. Probably not too bad now assuming your area is as wet as ours down in KY. But later on this summer, when its real dry, you will know exactly what blowout is.

3. HOWARD JONES

HOWARD JONES LawnSite Member

I never noticed any blowout until I started experimenting with blocking the discharge partially to try to mulch leaves. Then it was obvious. That is probably when you would need to adjust your baffles.

4. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

blowout is why i dont use my 48lesco and why i get covered with **** and inhale leaves dirt and grass and the major reason why i am dumping the lesco at the dealer saturday and saying take it i dont want it. It is dead space

5. dlandscaping

You have not emailed me I told you I can fix that.