what is going to happen

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mikeshere89, Apr 24, 2003.

1. mikeshere89

mikeshere89 LawnSite Member
    from iowa

i just finished moving my fixed deck from back to front, on the exmark metro you can only move the back a total of 3 inches high, and i moved the front at 2 in ahalf, cut my own grass and it looks terrible. way to short. i have been watering and fertilized earlier this week and it needed to be cut. is this going to have any reverse effects on the lawn cutting it this short after using the fertilizer? also what is up with exmark only being able to move the deck 3 in back and 3in a half up front? im pissed:cry: :cry: :angry: :confused: :mad:

2. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Im not sure what you mean by only being able to move it 3" in back. There are five setting,A,B,C,D,& E. The metro will cut way less than 2" and can cut over 4 1/2" .

3. mikeshere89

mikeshere89 LawnSite Member
    from iowa

when you say 4 and a half do u mean raising the blades? cause this is the only way to do it, as the deck itself only goes to three inches high with the rear axle pins set as high as they can go. also wont the quality of the cut diminish if i raise the blades?

4. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

mike-by the middle of the season to the end of the season, I cut at no less than 3 1/2", most of the time almost 4" with my Metro. Axle on E,front casters (cant remember), blades@2over,2 under or 1 under 3 on top. Right now I have it set on 3"-axle on C,front casters are 3 on bottom, blades are 2 on bottom, 2 on top. Poor cut? Never, not with Exmark!

The bottom of the deck my only be 3" off the ground but its cuts higher because the blades are not flush with bottom of the deck(that would leave a crappy cut). Do you not have a manual? It shows the deck heights and what settings to use.