what is good money?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jul 17, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

if you could CLEAR $400 a day, is that good money? now before we start with expenses, etc., i did say CLEAR $400. this is after all is said and done. if you could litterally draw a paycheck for $400 a day, is this good money?

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

For how many days a week?

3. bobbygedd

from NJ

5.5 days a week, every week

4. Yard Perfect

Yard Perfect LawnSite Member

That is what I strive for and ususally meet

5. jaybird

jaybird LawnSite Senior Member

i think it is. i know it is, IMO.

6. bobbygedd

from NJ

in florida? damn, that's like million bucks down there. you guys make $50 a day clear you're doin ok

7. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

Depends on where you live.

8. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

$2200 a week clear! auto workers don't make that, steel workers don't, most major trades don't make that kind of $$$ so yeah its good for most. If your a brain surgeon an attorney that specializes or something like it then you would probably be taking a pay cut. But I can live just fine on 100k a yr.

Mac

9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

so from April thru October, that would roughly be 70,400.00 CLEAR. and that's not counting any work in march or november.
    Yes, that's good, but the question is, can you CONSISTENTLY CLEAR that every day (5.5 days). Come August it will be harder to clear that each week especially if you have clients on the "by the cut" setup. I think it is important to clear more than that the first 3 months to prepare for the slowdown when the heat of the summer comes on.

10. bobbygedd

from NJ

or for the heart attack your gonna have from working 16 hour days in april, may, june, july. don't worry sweety, i got a plan, the wheels are always turning over here