What is in your truck / trailer?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Lawn Enforcement FM, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Lawn Enforcement FM

Lawn Enforcement FM LawnSite Member

What tools, safety equipment, or necessary equipment do you carry with you other then mowers, trimmers, edgers, shovels, and rakes? I'm looking for the supplemental stuff that are a necessity to help out the beginners. What hand tools for repairs? etc.

2. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

i cary all safty equipment(glasses hearing protection...) the right size tools to fix about any problem i might encounter.(ratchet set, wrenches, screwdrivers...). spare parts for the mowers. (oil, grease, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, spare belts, spare blades) I cary slime tire sealent and a 12v pump and most important... the number of my local dealer

3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I have a craftsman mechanics tool set I carry with me along with some extra screwdrivers and pliers. Oil, trimmer line, starting fluid. This year I will also have a few cotter pins and such with me as I needed some in the field last season. The number of my Dealer is already programed in my cell phone. I have the shop line and my dealers cell # in my cell phone memory as well!

4. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

Same stuff they already mentioned. And zip ties, duct tape, bungee cords,rachet straps, extra oil, tarps, buckets. I also carry a extra change of cloths and coat in each truck. In case you get wet from rain or get a call and need to meet a new customer later. You'll figure out what you need to carry after one time of not having it.

5. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

If you do a SEARCH you'll find about a 100 of these threads where this was already ask and there is some great info in those past threads.

6. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

husky 96pc tool set, string, lawn bags, sirus radio, deff duck tape (if you cant duck, then F99k it) rain gear, extra socks(u never know when ull need them), gloves, rags, TP, some snacks are always good to have extra dumb parts that might break, mix oil (just in case something spills or something leaks)...i have a tool box in the back of my truck so i keep most of it in there...biz card book is a must on my part...fix a flat, a real big waste belt have used it once, extra tie downs and bungies, sometimes i have my small tarp in there...i like to take my laptop but its to big...extra sell phone bat, dewalt cordless drill with two bats screws nails....i have used almost all of these things at somepoint....

7. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Tools for everything, a few spare nuts & bolts, spare belts, blades, plugs, starter fluid & card cleaner, bag of zip-ties, a few cotter/hitch pins, duct & electrical tape, first aid kit, some waterless hand cleaner, a roll of shop towels, rain suits, sunblock, PEPTO BISMAL(that can save your day) spare tarp, lots of tiedowns/bungies, soil sampler (so I can show people their lawn is dry when they don't believe me) and a measuring wheel. Lots of tinted safety glasses, ear muffs, work gloves.:dizzy:

8. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

my theory it is better to have and not need than need and not have... two spare trailer tires (dual axle trailer), complete metric and standard socket set, assorted combonation wrenches, assorted screwdrivers, channel locks, vice grips, brake cleaner (great for cleaning fouled spark plugs and as starter fluid), sandpaper for cleaning fouled plugs, combonation packs of torx and allen wrenches, toilet paper, paper towels, rags, extra clothes and boots, extra blades for my mower and edger, 20' tow chain, 10' tow strap, shotgun for big poisonous snakes, 22 pistol for small poisonous snakes, .40 cal for crackheads, day planner, multiple pairs of sunglasses/saftey glasses, band aids, rubbing alcohol, cooler for drinks, fliers and business cards, extra bungee cords, extra tie down straps, 10'x20' tarp, assorted high use parts for lawnmower and trimmers, pull cord rope, slime tire sealer and 12v compressor,
    one gallon extra 10w30 motor oil, extra 2 cycle oil, trimmer line, receipt book, and alot of random crap from my kids. no wonder my truck squats down in the rear!! i have found surplus .50 cal ammo cans to be ideal for storage. there's not much i can't fix in the field.:weightlifter: :drinkup: :headphones:

9. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

oh yeah - i forgot the 5 gallon bucket of assorted nuts, bolts, screws, and nails. that has saved me as much as anything:clapping:

10. stroker51

stroker51 LawnSite Senior Member

"shotgun for big poisonous snakes, 22 pistol for small poisonous snakes, .40 cal for crackheads,"

I LOVE this, lol.:gunsfirin Reminds me of myself and my redneck family.
    GIT R DUN!!!!!