1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What is it called ?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by dave k, Dec 4, 2007.

1. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

What do you call the irrigation that uses no rotors or sprays on turf, its all watered under the sod like at Turner Field and golf courses? I saw one on TV that is controlled by a Satellite to see how much water the sod needs, etc.
    How much more expensive is this compared to the normal rotor spray head type irrigation.
  2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

If you have to ask, you can't afford it. And who wants irrigation you can't look at to see if it's working?
  3. dave k

wrong answer, some one else.
  4. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Dave I did a search on the internet and there were some that you could take a look at. Type in different search phases and see what you come up with. Hope you find what your looking for.
  5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

What is this, a quiz? Do we get a prize? Look up 'Prescription Athletic Turf' for one example of what no professional irrigation contractor has any interest in selling to a homeowner.
  6. dave k

Wet Boots, I just asked a question, if you don't know the answer than don't reply.
  7. jcom

jcom LawnSite Senior Member

It is much more expensive and also much less efficient.

Like this answer?

8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

It's basically called underground drip. Usually provided by Netafim.
  9. Doesn't work that way Dave. We glue sniffers opine on everything. Let us know what you find out. I know at the Dallas Arboretum they have a watering system for the azaleas that determines ph and moisture needs. i suspect it is netafim as Dana says. Underground drip. We had a company in Grapevine called Leaky Pipe that used recycled tire soaker hoses underground. By the fourth year your yard resembled tiger stripes.
  10. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

So Dave, you coming back soon?

Kind of reminds me of the first time Rotar spoke up, though I dont have as much hope for Dave here.

Rotar, I am really waiting for that famous line from you for Dave.