what is it costing you to send postcards

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by exmark user, Feb 6, 2013.

1. exmark user

exmark user LawnSite Senior Member

I am a little confused on postcards . When u order them does that come with stamps? Or do u have to buy a stamp for each? If so is there a way to get wholesale stamps ?

2. hpc pestcontrol

hpc pestcontrol LawnSite Member

contact your local post office about eddm mail you pay to have the card designed and printed then you can mail them to an entire zipcode mail rout etc for about 15 cent each

3. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

I had my own made, 10,000 for $750. Then we just walk the blocks and stick em in doors. Better idea, because sometimes you interact with people and get the business for sure.

4. Lawn Care Marketing Xpert

Lawn Care Marketing Xpert LawnSite Member

Good idea Pietro... it's always easier to sell face to face.

Andrew P
    Lawn Care Marketing Expert

5. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

6. TheGoat

TheGoat LawnSite Senior Member

7. Rick Grantham

Rick Grantham LawnSite Member

Thanks for the links and the stats TheGoat. $30 per new customer seems like a good deal.

Does anyone have any stats for the hand delivery method? I get that its not scientific a comparison -- different regions, etc. Just curious.

Rick

8. OSdb

OSdb LawnSite Member

What program do you need to use to design them?

9. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

we used to do this but have gone to vista print and just designed a special business card for the time of year (mowing or aeration). We go out in force for a week and plaster doors with cards in early spring, spring and fall. We do roughly 5k mowing contract cards with a 1-2% close rate. For aeration we put out over 40k cards with a 2-3% call back. Cost for mowing is roughly 100 for cards and 4-500 for labor, Aeration is around 400 for cards and 1500 in labor.
    Mowing we select neighborhoods for condensed route, Aerations we Plaster the heck out of anything that looks semi decent.

10. TheGoat

TheGoat LawnSite Senior Member

I have used inkscape (free design program available online) and adobe creative suite

Adobe actually just made their CS2 suite free for download, available here

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

If you are designing your own and then uploading make sure to pay attention to the printers templates for design size and boundaries.