What is it worth..............2003 Deere 250?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by wanabe, Jan 27, 2007.

1. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

I am looking at a 2003 JD 250 skidloader with 650 hrs. It has a enclosed cab, aux. hyd., steel tracks, forks, bucket, auger(with 12 inch bit) and counter weights, all in good condition. Seller listed it as 19,500 including a 2003 20 foot, 12,000lb trailer. What is it worth without the trailer? I am not a big fan on the over the tire tracks and would probably sell them asap. Are they worth anything? Thnaks!

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

Package is worth that w/o trailer. Find out what trailer is worth and make offer less that or buy package and sell the trailer. Tracks usualy sell used around 1200.00 to 1500.00 . Good Luck.
  3. accurate machinery

accurate machinery LawnSite Member

I would put the value on the JD 250 with a cab in the $12 to $15K range wholesale it could be a Series 2 but not necessarily and it is better if it is. $400 for the forks, maybe $1000 for the auger, maybe $1000 for the tracks. The tracks need to be in good shape, I can't give away a lot of the tracks that I get traded to me. Look at the machine extra close since it has had tracks on it, extra stress on everything in the drive line, bucket and quick attach plate. Remember to check your parking brake, they are a fortune to repair. I just joined this forum, this is my first post. I have been in the skid steer business since 1986, feel free to ask I'll let you know if I know.

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome to the site.:waving:
  5. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

That is a very good price for what all it comes with. Around here a machine not including the cab goes for at least $15,000.. If it is a Series II then it would be worth some more. I don's think if the machine has been taken care of and you should be able to tell by looking at it that $17,000.00 would be too bad.
  6. 7 IRON

7 IRON LawnSite Member
    from VT

In this neck of the woods,I would expect $14,000-14,500 for the 250 skidsteer alone,(2003 should be series ll).