What Is It Worth Please?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jaemax, May 25, 2005.

1. jaemax

jaemax LawnSite Member

Selling 30 accounts, 91 Ford 150, 6x12 open trailer, 44" Exmark ZRT, couple of weed-wackers, edger and echo blower. Nets approx 3ki a month....I run a bigger operation and am off loading this as a businesses. I do not have an idea what to ask for it. Can you help? :help: Any advise welcome, Thank you
  2. jaemax

jaemax LawnSite Member

Thanks for the help guys.... :(
  3. gwwilson

gwwilson LawnSite Member

approx $6,500 for everything
  4. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

But I reckon I'd figure up the value of the equipment, minus deprecieation, and then figure up a worth of the accounts. There is acctually a fairly standard way of figureing the value of the accounts based off of the yearly income they generate. I'm sure some others here have a more specific answer... Just don't forget to subtract any liabilities the business owes, into your figures. Like if you owe money for equipment for example, that would lower the value of the biz..
  5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Just guessing that everything has been well maintained............

$9,000 -12,000.
  6. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

I would try to get atleast 15k for all that. Just the equipment alone is probably more, never mind the accounts.
  7. jaemax

jaemax LawnSite Member

the truck and the mower are worth more than that...
  8. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

If they are good accounts shoot for 15-20 stacks. There is a buyer out there that will pay that you just have to find them.
  9. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

jaemax, there's not enough info to make an educated guess.

Is the 91 F150 a junker with 200,000 miles, or a cherry 20,000 mile beauty?

What condition is the eXmark in? How many hours? Is the seat torn or pristine?Is the frame in alignment, or is it warped? The deck straight or warped?

How about the condition of the trailer?

You say "Nets approx 3ki a month." Wow! for 30 accounts, that's a pretty good <i>NET</i> for a Florida lco; or is $3K a gross figure?

Are these accounts signed to contracts?

"couple of weed-wackers, edger and echo blower" - well, it's hard to value that equipment based on that information; could be worth $75 or $1000, based on the brand, model, age, condition.

Why is North Port being abandoned? I've seen several business for sale in the area.Have the nawthunuhs all gone home after the three "Big Blows"? Is anyone gonna stay around? These are not facetious, but serious questions to the business's customer base.
  10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Well, well, well. Let's take a look.

According to Kelly Blue Book your 1991 F-150, auto tranny, 5.0 engine, 120,000 miles, good condition = $1960.00
    44 Exmark, unknown details but based on my purchase last year of a 2 year old Dixie Chopper - 60" deck - 28 hp Kohler EFI - 29 hours for $4500, I'd guess around $3,000 to $3,500.
    Used 6X12 trailer = $500
    Miscellaneous 2 strokes = $500
    The customer list is worthless. Even with signed contracts there's no way to guarantee that any of them would stay with the new owner.

Total = $5560

If someone wanted to be generous they give maybe 3 weeks worth of gross receipts or about $3,000 for the accounts.