What is my F450 worth???

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Albery's Lawn & Tractor, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

It's a '91 F450 Superduty 12' Dump, 460 V8 Gas, automatic, 2WD, 77K miles, Clean, pulls good. Just thinking about maybe getting a dump with only a 9' bed to help from getting in a bind on those tight streets.

dump truck 3.jpg

dump truck 2.jpg

2. BentleyOutdoors

BentleyOutdoors LawnSite Member

Well I couldnt find the correct price but a F-350 in the same specs as your truck is maxed out at 3k.... Hope that helped some :confused:

3. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

That truck would fetch atleast 8 grand here even with it being a 460 powered truck. If it only has what you said 77,000 miles (123,000kms) the truck is barely broke in.

4. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Would be worth a heck of a lot more to me if you were closer... and if it was 4x4. And if it didn't have a frickin 460:laugh:. Would cost me as much to drive the truck from there to here, as it would cost me to buy it :(.

5. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Thanks for the opinions. KBB and NADA aren't really mulch help as I think everyone would agree the truck is worth more then $3K.

6. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

:laugh::laugh: Actually empty it doesn't do too bad, last time we checked (after a tune up) it was getting 10-12 MPG empty or just hauling a few yards of mulch. Loaded up with mulch and pullint the loaded trailer it's down to 6-8 MPG.:cry::cry:

7. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

You can't beat those old F-Superduty trucks they haul way more than what they are rated for. The weak link with that truck is the automatic my trucks had 5spds. You can easly put 8000lbs of gravel on it and haul it. On a site I was working on we were putting 10,000lbs on a F-Superduty dump the springs bent backwards :laugh:

I had one with a 460 it was a thirsty pig but man I could haul good loads and the 460 never complained. I would go to the local gravel pit load up with 3 yards of gravel and go deliver it. All my loads are scale verified the pit sells by the ton.

8. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

that truck has few things going for it, clean nice shape, but the 460 was a pig. ive been keeping my eye out for one for a friend and they are les than $5k for similar trucks and its age along with the mileage is your downfall

9. stroker51

stroker51 LawnSite Senior Member

I paid I think around $4500 for my 89 F450 about a year ago with a 7.3 IDI diesel. It only gets, TOPS 10mpg, on $4.00 a gallon diesel. Mine isn't as clean as your pics appear either. I'd probably give 4-$5000 for it if it was for sale in my neighborhood.

10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

You should be a ble to get $5000 plus as long as the milage is verified.