1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What is one way you set yourself apart from the competition?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by christw, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Green-Man

Green-Man LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah i guess its just the same turn I take each time that is causing it I believe
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

I pull up driving a non-billboard and do all the work myself. Sharp blades, attention to detail...and I'm extremely reliable. I dig ALL my customers...and have done so since I got rid of my last PITA a couple/few yrs ago.

3. yardguy29

yardguy29 LawnSite Member

I'm always trying to save the client money. I try to present a few different options when I can that usually have different prices.

if you nickle and dime them to death eventually they won't have enough nickels and dimes to keep you around. the more money you safe them the more money they have to keep you around.

4. dnc19694339

dnc19694339 LawnSite Member

Well Said! I agree

5. I rock a fauxhawk
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. JustRidinAlong

JustRidinAlong LawnSite Member

Develop relationships and good habits:

First establish good working relationships with LOCAL Nursery, Chemical, Supply places (Mulch, cover, etc), equipment dealerships.

These relationships are very important to deliver great customer service to your customers because they are your support team and will provide great service to you.

7. Green-Man

8. JustRidinAlong

JustRidinAlong LawnSite Member

9. Green-Man

10. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

Quality work, quality customer service, etc. A professional image, always cleaned up when meeting clients (there are so many industry sh!theads, being dressed well will set your company apart). the best looking advertising pieces, an exceptional website. And that I'm a month and a half away from graduating with a degree in Horticulture.
    Posted via Mobile Device