What Is Really A Good Minimum ?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by EPIC, Mar 20, 2006.

1. EPIC

EPIC LawnSite Member

I Am In My 3 Month Of Biz And I Am 25 Years Old. I Have A Sign Out In Fromt Of My House Say I Mow Most Lawns For $20 A Cut . I Put That On My Flyers Most Lawns I Do For That Amount Take Me 20minutes Or Less I Have Over Forty Customers Already. I Think I Am On Fire And Doing Very Well .would Like To Know If Neone Thinks I Am To Low I Hear Alot Say That Thier Minimums Are $35 That To Me Seems High Thats Alot More Than The $1 A Minute ? I Only Do $80 No Lower Unless I Am Only Mowing Twice A Week I Which I Usally Care For For That Cause It Means That It Is More Over Grown When I Get Thier .

2. dsmrolla06

dsmrolla06 LawnSite Senior Member

How much longer does it take to type that in all caps... jeez. Not only did you waste that extra time of you typing it, but mine for the extra time it took to read it. Anyways... my minimum i charge is $25 for a yard and $39/manhour for services outside of that. You could get by with $20 a yard, but that should mean theyre 5k sq ft. or less. You could probly do well even charging $25 a yard, but put limits onto the size your doing for that. Also try to saturate certain areas.

3. Joey bag a' donuts

Joey bag a' donuts LawnSite Member

4. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

I think he's got a twitchy pinkey finger:confused:

5. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

It's cap lock man.

6. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Like This Way To Hard To Read.

7. CAG

CAG LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

was $25 this year $30.. depending what the market in your area is i would say your probably selling yourself short but it is important to be out their everyday working. you got your self about 800 a week in cash flow so i would probably start raising prices and focus on better paying quality accounts.

8. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Or if you want to branch out I hear that's a good price to break into the market around the Dallas-Fort Worth area....lmao.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'm such a di*k!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

9. lowballer17

lowballer17 LawnSite Member

Just cut more lawns. Stop the complaining.
    Instead of cutting 20 lawns per day do 30.
    Americans are so lazy.
    Hector on the other hand.....

10. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

I tired to have a $30.00 minimum but ended up making it $25.00 so I wouldn't lose too many customers.