what is second z-spray lever?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassmasterswilson, Sep 27, 2007.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

on the top right of my machine are to pull type levers. One opens the bottom of the hopper to let fertilizer out. The second lever moves something front to back under the hopper. what is it for and what does it do? doen't seem to affect my spread pattern that I can see.

2. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

You use that to fine tune pattern to dead center, depending on volume/type of product you are spreading. In most cases, I just push it all the way.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

What kind of hopper do these use?

4. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Spyker.......

5. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

PULL it all the way out and secure it that way or you WILL STRIPE!!!!! It is for micro prill products which I know I never use.

6. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

On my Z I spread a prill size from 150 to 200. I only have to pull the lever out just a little to get a nice even spread. Never had a stripe issue. When I pull it all the way out, mine seems to spread heavy to on side. Just my opinion though.

7. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

That adjustment is designed for different weights/ particle size. We use Super 288's and 220 electric Spykers. On all units, we push the cable in all the way for a very even spread. We adjust it a little for the light-weight Dylox.