What is the best 2 stroke oil?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by crazyflyboy30, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

That's why she won't let you do the laundry. Good thinking, gives you more time to fish.

Oldtimer

2. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Does anyone know if the Amsoil Saber has fuel stabilizers like the Stihl HP Ultra? Cant find any info on Amsoils website or on my Saber bottle. My guess would be no?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

From another Amsoil thread:

4. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I could care less about the stabilizer being in the fuel or not. I use Sta-Bil in everything I own with an engine, and in all my fuel cans anyway, regardless of what the oil bottle says. I have never had a fuel issue in all the years I have run power equipment with this method (and that's a looong time :dizzy::laugh:).

5. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I also put sta-bil in everything but is was a nice feature of HP Ultra not having to add it to my 2 cycle equipment because its already in it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Years ago, I got into the habit of just adding it to my fuel cans when I filled them up. I never knew which piece of equipment I might fill up from any given can (meaning equipment I used regularly, or only once in a while), so I just got in the habit of making sure it was always in there, even long before I ever used HP for the first time. When I started using HP (before I started using Saber), I just figured a little extra from already having it in HP was icing on the cake, and a good safety net if I ever ran out of Sta-Bil and then forgot to put it in later.

Plus, now I use Star-Tron and Sea-Foam so I figure I'm covered for 99% of the problems I might come across:laugh:.

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Just for grin and giggles...

How much money do you have in a gallon of 2 stroke gas? How much annually are you spending on additives?

8. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Not sure what you're trying to get at here.

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Just for grin and giggles...

How much money do you have in a gallon of 2 stroke gas? How much annually are you spending on additives?

10. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Are you drunk tonight or something?