What is the best all around set up for mowing?????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by THORNTON SERVICES LLC, Jan 31, 2013.

1. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

IMAG0095.jpg My 18 open, the 18 closed is about the same with a few more tools.

IMAG0095.jpg

2. skorum03

skorum03 LawnSite Senior Member

3. THORNTON SERVICES LLC

THORNTON SERVICES LLC LawnSite Senior Member

thats a very nice set up , and thank you for posting the picture i wanted to ask why you have your push mowers behind the zero turn , i tend to use the zero turn more than any other mower , do you use the push mowers more than your rider or is this for weight control to keep weight closer to wheels than speed? Or do you find it faster to have the push mowers come off first? Thanks for your input.

4. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

It is the weight issue. The 72 is a little heavy to run to the back of the trailer. I have one strap holding them down and really can unload them without much issue. The 18' enclosed the push mowers are up front and WB is in the back with the 72 in front of it unless I know the next job the WB is needed.

5. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

Two 52inch walkbehinds and a honda 21 like in the picture above.

6. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

I use the same setup most days and cut everything from 3 1/2 acres to 1/4 acre lots.

f250
    18ft enclosed trailer
    21in honda
    36in redhawk
    52in procat
    2 string trimmers
    1 blower

7. Scott's Lawn Maintenance

Scott's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

A52in z, 36in walk behind and 21in push mower is a good setup . The 52 and 36 use the same size blades. The 52 will work well for both large and small properties , while the 36 could be used for gated backyards . The 21 comes in handy for slopes and those area's where the other machines can't fit into.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, great minds think alike.

9. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

Mon-Thursday 32 wb and a 36 scag wb. Fri 72 Ztr yanmar diesel as well as the scag. Everyday two echo trimmers and the echo pas system for edging hedge trimming etc. blowers have a 265t and a 225. Big guy for clean ups or wet grass little guy gets used more for clearing walks on dry days much lighter and almost twice to fuel savings. all ran from a 6.5x 14 trailer.

10. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

We cut from 1/4 acre to 3.5 acres with a 36 dual hydro walk behind/sulky, 52 zero turn, 21 push mower, 2 trimmers, 1 edger, 1 backpack blower. It all fits on our 5.5 x 10 open trailer. This pic doesn't show the 21 inch mower:

[​IMG]