1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What is the best all around set up for mowing?????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by THORNTON SERVICES LLC, Jan 31, 2013.

1. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

How do u like that snapper pro? Looking at the ferris version on a 36
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I've only put about 3.5 hours on it, but so far so good. It rides really well and has a great cut with the ICD deck.
  3. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

it's easy when you're solo. the same setup every day. the 21" pushmower is only loaded when needed. i think i have only 1 account where i use it at this point. i also have an edger now in the back of the truck as well not shown in the picture.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  4. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

Just wondering what's in the backpack sprayer?
  5. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

rounddown oops i mean roundup. :dancing:

i'm not a full service company. i don't do fert and squirt and i don't really trim shrubs or do landscaping. i have done a very few shrub jobs and mulch jobs. there's just not much of a market for major landscaping jobs where i live. most people do the landscaping and shrub trimming themselves on the weekends here.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  6. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I like your setup, and your Deere. Im drooling
  7. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

thanks. i got a great deal on it 2 years ago. paid $7900 for it brand new.

THORNTON SERVICES LLC LawnSite Senior Member

what do you do on hilly property's do you use the push???? Thanks for the pics , nice set up , also do you use the backpack blower on every property or do you have a handheld , we normally just use the handheld for smaller prop , and the backpack blowers for bigger ones.
  9. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

For either a one or two-man crew, I feel the most efficient setup is:
    *One 48" - 52" walk-behind mower w/detachable sulky
    *One 32" - 36" walk-behind mower w/detachable sulky
    *One dedicated string trimmer
    *One 2-stroke powerhead with string trimmer, edger, hedge trimmer, and pole pruner attachments
    *One blower per crew member

Conversely, the equipment above would do best on turf areas under 1 acre. Larger properties would be better served with a larger deck mowing it.
  10. MosleyYardMaintenance

MosleyYardMaintenance LawnSite Member

Hey LandFakers, how does that toolbox setup on your trailer work with your turning/reversing radius for backing? I have been looking into putting one on mine but wasnt sure how it would work out. Have not tested as of yet.