what is the best backpack blower

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by RadiantLawnCare, Sep 11, 2010.

?

what is the best backpack blower

1. Stihl

195 vote(s)
    47.0%
  2. Husqvarna

32 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. echo

88 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. solo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. other

100 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. Andrew & Ben's Lawn Care

Andrew & Ben's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Kawasaki kb750. Has all the great features as the others and about 200 bucks less money. Got mine new in the box on line for $411.00 and free shipping. Very happy with it.

2. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have two redmax 8050 blowers that were bought new this summer that and they suck!

3. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

LOL how could you put solo but not redmax or shindaiwa, but my choice is the Redmax 7100, its amazing but if you want somthing good for only 200 then the kawasaki krb300

4. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

I hate the sthls they weak and don't run worth a darn! IMHO I love the husqvarna and redmax. I promise that husqvarna will blow anything away! I can't get a sthl to run well for me, I have sthl stuff and none of it is easy to start. That is why I swear by husqvarna starts first pull, I don't have time to D#q# around with stuff that won't start!
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. scagrider22

None of my Redmax blowers start on the first or second pull which doesnt really bother me, its the five minute warm up period that drives me crazy. All of my Redmax blowers were bought new this season and they all do it. They will be up for sale at the end of the season. The plastic that they are made out of is also much cheaper than Stihls but with the valve problems that stihl has Im not sure what blowers to get for next year.

6. bradseabridge

bradseabridge LawnSite Senior Member

Run echo guys, they are built like tanks and when something breaks in 5 years parts are cheap.

7. scagrider22

I wish Stihl would make a more powerful version of the BR420 Magnum that was the best and most reliable blower ever.

8. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I run a BR-550 and I love it. Haven't ran anything else and probably won't, I may upgrade to a 600 Magnum in a few years though.

9. scagrider22

Ive had 6-7 BR 600's and had valve problems with every one of them, I wish we could get the tree hugging liberals out of office so we could have big powerful, low maintenance 2/cycle blowers. Ive said it before the Br420 was the most reliable blower Ive ever had just not enough power.

10. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

stihl duh buy far the best and most used one out there