1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

what is the best backpack blower

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by RadiantLawnCare, Sep 11, 2010.

?

what is the best backpack blower

1. Stihl

195 vote(s)
    47.0%
  2. Husqvarna

32 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. echo

88 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. solo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. other

100 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. bradseabridge

bradseabridge LawnSite Senior Member

I'm picking up my Echo Pb-770 tomorrow!

2. seabee24

seabee24 LawnSite Senior Member

i picked up a 770 , almost too much power to the point it tends to push your right shoulder back. on jobs i bid hourly, im not gonna use that one for sure

3. tobylou8

tobylou8 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've owned Echo pb650, Stihl 600, and currently own Shindiawa 8520. NONE were /are easy to start. The 8520 is the most powerful.The 600 the most comfortable, and the 650 the most overrated. BTW, also own Echo pb-6000. Very underpowered by today's standards, BUT, starts 1st-2nd pull every time.

4. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

The best bp blower made IMO is the echo pb410. They are freaking bulletproof. Not the most powerful but reliability makes up for it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

+1...............

6. stan the man

stan the man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

redmax and husqvarna

7. mowandblow1980

mowandblow1980 LawnSite Member

redmax, ebz8001

8. ilc79

ilc79 LawnSite Member

I have echo,stihl and redmax the redmax is the best by a long shot the 7000 is stronger than the br600 and the pb750 and they make an 8000 but im very happy with 7000

9. Davido

Davido LawnSite Member

I'm a Stihl fan but I went with the Echo on the advice of my dealer. It was actually kinda refreshing because he always pushes Stihl on me and I was beginning to think he was one of those "Stihl is the best and everything else sucks!" types. he advised I wait a couple years 'till Stihl had all the "bugs" worked out. Love the echo 770!

10. Cloud9Landscapes

Cloud9Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ca

Shindaiwa, if you say Echo you might as well say Shindaiwa since Shindaiwa bought Echo out recently.

I prefer Redmax for everything else.