1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

what is the best backpack blower

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by RadiantLawnCare, Sep 11, 2010.

?

what is the best backpack blower

1. Stihl

195 vote(s)
    47.0%
  2. Husqvarna

32 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. echo

88 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. solo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. other

100 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. New2TheGreenIndustry

New2TheGreenIndustry LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

Bought the Husqvarna 380 bfs this week. So far so good. It's basically the same as the Redmax 8000 series.

[​IMG]

2. R&T Services

R&T Services LawnSite Member

Is that the 180bt?

3. New2TheGreenIndustry

from GA

Nope. 380bfs Here is a blogger's take on it.

"Husqvarna’s 380 BFS commercial blower is a new model to the United States and is the top of the line model for the largest outdoor power products company in the world. The first impression of the Husqvarna’s most powerful blower, the 380 BFS is the amount of air it moves. When I added the additional tube to the blower, I was able to move hardened clay from a concrete driveway. This was clay that had washed onto the drive and had been packed hard into the concrete by traffic. The Husqvarna 380 simply lifted it up and blew it away. The 380 is a large unit and its hip belt does a nice job of transferring weight to the hips instead of the shoulders. Being an avid backpacker, I usually adjust 60-70 percent of the weight to ride on my hips and leave 30-40% on my shoulders, enough to keep the top of the back from shifting and causing a loss of control.

Hip belt on Husqvarna 380 transfers backpack's weight to hips
    The advantage of a hip belt is that weight carried on the hips allows a user to work longer without causing blistering and fatigue of the shoulders. Backpacks used by the military and those used by Boy Scouts at Philmont, will average 40-50 pounds and run higher than 70 pounds in some cases. If the engineers pay closer attention to the pack frames and straps, the weight issue will be of less importance. The Husqvarna is a big unit, just under 30 pounds, but the extra pounds bring additional power and for me it’s worth the added weight."

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  4. stan the man

stan the man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

what is the blowing power

5. New2TheGreenIndustry

from GA

71.9 cc, 685.1 cfm, 201 mph, 29.54 lbs

6. TxHillCountry

TxHillCountry LawnSite Member

All Stihl 4 mix equipment must be run with full synthetic mix to avoid valve issues. I learned that shortly after switching from the Mag 420 to the BR600.

7. M & L

M & L LawnSite Senior Member

Starts everytime first/second pull, 3 full seasons on 2 of them...Super quite, rated consumer digest best buy, it is light and powerfull enough, if i need more blower i get the billy goat force out.
    Im small just over 5 ft and it fits me right. It reloops the exhaust for lower noise and emissions.
    I like not having to scream to hear myself at the end of the day!

Specs:
    Engine specification Cylinder displacement 51.7 cc
    Cylinder bore 1.7 inch
    Cylinder stroke 1.3 inch
    Power output 3.2 hp
    Maximum power speed 6000 rpm
    Carburetor Zama EL27
    Fuel tank volume 50.72 fl oz
    Fuel consumption 400 g/kWh
    Ignition system Ducati ET
    Idling speed 2300 rpm
    Spark plug NGK BPMR7A
    Electrode gap 0 "
    Air flow data Air flow in housing 766.33 cfm
    Air flow in pipe 473.22 cfm
    Air Speed 177 mph

blower.png

8. FuturePilot4u

FuturePilot4u LawnSite Senior Member

aggghhhhhhh these same post come around every year about which is best.....never ending

9. h2oskier

h2oskier LawnSite Senior Member

One that blows thats the best

10. djlunchbox

djlunchbox LawnSite Member

most of us would say whichever one we spent the money on is the best. i have the husky 380, it's a beast and starts right up. 3 months old. so far so good.