what is the best backpack blower

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by RadiantLawnCare, Sep 11, 2010.

?

what is the best backpack blower

1. Stihl

195 vote(s)
    47.0%
  2. Husqvarna

32 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. echo

88 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. solo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. other

100 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. pjnlandscape

pjnlandscape LawnSite Member

Redmax all the way. I love my Redmax backpack and would never buy anything else.

2. Leroy_1

Leroy_1 LawnSite Member

Another Vote for Stihl. I have a BR550 now, plan on a BR600 if I add anymore.

3. just in time

just in time LawnSite Member

br 600 all day

4. bradseabridge

bradseabridge LawnSite Senior Member

I just pulled the trigger on my PB-770 today and it out blows the stihl easily. Love it.

5. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I have a 9 yr old Echo 413 that still starts 1st or 2nd pull with NO problems in 9 yrs. I have two Shindaiwa EB630's...both 8 yrs old... they also start easy and have been problem free. I have a Shindaiwa EB820 that is 1 yr old...just as good as the 630's but blows way harder.

My buddy uses the big Red Max 8000 and something...its back breaking heavy compared to my Shindaiwas. And he will agree that the Shindaiwa will outblow the REdMax.

The Stihls look cool, they are very light weight, they blow alot of cfm at the pipe....only problem I have is their reliability. Take a look at the Mechanic/Repair section of this website...count up how many BR600 problem threads there are. Now count how many Echo, Shindaiwa, Redmax, etc...

Any machine that has to have regular valve adjustments, full synthetic oil, no ethanol or whatever is too tempermental to me. As for me and my money, I will stick with the Shindaiwa and the new Echo which looks pretty good.

I just cant risk blowing $500 on a piece of machinery that will habitually be in the shop.

6. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

I have an Echo pb 650 I bought back in 2000 still starts on 1st or 2nd pull

7. divine landscapes

divine landscapes LawnSite Member

i think stihl br 600 its great due to its light weigth and powerfull blowing but you have to use the hp ultra oil with high test fuel to keep it that way but if you are looking for a blower that will take the beat and no matter what oil you put in you better go with maruyama 65 cc blower its very powerfull takes the beat and blows 720 cfm a little more than still with the same weight 21 pounds with 5 year commercial warranty..good luck.

8. mslawn

mslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from LA

I am going to be different, I have owned several different brands. I really like the 4-stroke Robin, also branded Dolmar 7601.4 or Makita BBX7600. Put 10w-30 oil in the crankcase and straight gas. Easiest starting backpacks I have ever owned. Blows comparable to a Redmax 7000.

9. bladesnshades

bladesnshades LawnSite Member

Echo 55o, starts 1st or 2nd pull, blows good, about 20#s. May upgrade to a 770 tho if business is good this year!

10. IXINRGIXI

IXINRGIXI LawnSite Senior Member

redmax 7000