1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

what is the best backpack blower

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by RadiantLawnCare, Sep 11, 2010.

?

what is the best backpack blower

1. Stihl

195 vote(s)
    47.0%
  2. Husqvarna

32 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. echo

88 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. solo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. other

100 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. michiganmower10

michiganmower10 LawnSite Member

redmax, nobody i know has anything else for blowers that hold up as long, mine starts 1-2nd pull, hopefully adding a 7000s or 8000s series soon

2. DIXIECONTRACTING

DIXIECONTRACTING LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Redmax EBZ8000 unfortunately they are discontinued

3. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

Redmax
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

5. douglee25

douglee25 LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

Shindaiwa EB802.

6. pro-interlock

pro-interlock LawnSite Member

Echo are by far the best blowers we use.

7. DieselHolic

DieselHolic LawnSite Senior Member

Stihl. Br600 mag. Nuff said
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Grassmaster9

Grassmaster9 LawnSite Member

Stihl BR600, but I'm curious about the Stihl Magnum, it's stats are impressive. Will probably buy one in the Spring.

9. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Silver Member

RedMax 8500. everything else is a waste of time....

10. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I can now say with certainty that the Husqvarna 580 (basically the same as the Redmax 8500) outblows the Echo 755 and 770 by a fair margin. I was out on Friday working next to a friend of mine and his crew. They were trying to blow some leaves back into the edge of the woods and after they gave up on getting them back any further I stepped up with my 580 and did the "is this what you're trying to do" thing and easily blasted them back. I let the guy who was running the 770 try my blower and he asked if he could use it on their next job....I said sure, for $60/hour, lol. The 580 has a hip and chest strap which I really like rather than having all the weight on my shoulders. I have also bought an extra intermediate tube ($9)...it scours much better with it but it does get a little heavy after a while. I find the high velocity nozzle that came with mine (the flat curved kind) to be unusable at any significant throttle....it's just too hard to hold it. It won't be my first choice for my mowing route since it is a big heavy unit, but for cleanups the thing absolutely kicks tail.