What is the best bagger for leaves on a ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by perfectlawncare, Jul 25, 2006.

1. perfectlawncare

perfectlawncare LawnSite Member

I need some help finding the best bagging system for leaves. I run a 2006 Hustler Super Z 66 and a 2005 60 Toro with the Turbo Force deck. Any help would be great.

Thanks in advanced,

Jason

2. Rickco

Rickco LawnSite Member

Check out cyclone rake ( they have a web site). I've been using one for 2 years now and love it. PM me if you have any questions,I'd be glad to talk to you about it.:)

3. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Check out trac vac to.Also Toro has a dump from the seat bagger and a triple soft bagger.

4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Hustler Bac-Vac.........

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

For leaves, a bagging system with a pony motor/blower works well because you can idle down the ZTR engine/blades and rev up the blower engine, reducing blowout and increasing suction.

6. grant087

grant087 LawnSite Member

i like my hasty vac i got on my toro because there is no bulky cart to tow around, the 2 two trash cans on the back can be lifted by one person, i can pull the hose off the side and used it to suck things up that are in bushes or tight corners......just my 2 cents

7. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

Get a Proter o catcher.

8. WPLE

WPLE LawnSite Member

9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

You are killin me, LEAVES ALREADY!!!! I know, its good to be prepared. I don't know your operation at all but I have a Toro 62" and I do plenty of leaves and probably bag once if at all. I put the atomics on and shread everything to mulch. If things are super thick or I am in the oaks I fire up the Walker 42GHS and quickly run over the chopped stuff. You will be amazed at the time you save. Now the above mentioned baggers are good and if I were you and you have to bag, set one of those Z's up with the bagger system. I am thinking you are looking about 2000+ for any of the Hustler/Toro bagging setups. Good Luck and don't forget the atomic blades.

Here is a pic of my stock deflector that has been customized into a mulch plate/OCDC. Its on the trailer.

fall5 021.jpg

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Your looking at $2600 for the Hustler, last I heard, eXmark's Ultra-Vac was at least that much.

Speaking of which....

Anyone need a nearly new Ultra-Vac...:rolleyes: