What is the best blade for a 21" push mower?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by malik6075, Jun 4, 2006.

1. malik6075

malik6075 LawnSite Member

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the site and forum. I'm a start up in New Orleans dealing with lawn that are as high as 3 feet tall. Much of it is weeds. Business is slowly building so I am somewhat hestiant to go out an make the large purchases just yet -for the 30+ mowers, etc. I do have a set up that consists of a rider, a few push mowers, a few 31cc trimmers, a wheeled string trimmer, and backpack blowers.

Please advice me as to the best 21" blade for my push mowers??

Also, on anything else..

What would be the optimal cutting tool for these overgrown residental lawns?

Is a wheeled edger better than a trimmer + attachment for these lawn.

Thanks Alot,
    Malik

2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

OK, what kind of 21' mowers do you have???? If grass is that tall your not going to have much luck with a small mower. Go get yourself a used com mower and make life a little more easy.:waving:

3. malik6075

malik6075 LawnSite Member

hello,

21" lawn-boy and troy-builts push mowers with 6.5 hp engines... A 30" snapper rider- I need blade advice on this one also.

What type of comm mower would you look into...deck size, engine size...

4. LALawnboy

LALawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

welcome to the site! where are you in new orleans? i'm in kenner. as for the lawnboy blades, i use lawnboys as my primary mowers currently, and have been using the regular blades i buy at my dealer for i think like $15. i've dealt with a few yards in your situation in the past couple of years...what i do first is hit the yard with the trimmer first to knock down the high crap, raise the mower to the highest level and get rolling. (definitely walk the property first because you never know what's hiding in there) once you've got in manageable, you can lower the deck. and for your question about the wheeled trimmer vs. the regular trimmer, i've used one of the wheeled trimmers before and they are a POS in my opinion. hope this helps

todd

5. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Gator Blade