what is the best blower for the money?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by walterslawn&landscap, Mar 6, 2003.

1. walterslawn&landscap

walterslawn&landscap LawnSite Member

looking for a good back pack blower what are the best and what price range am i looking at?

2. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

a good backpack blower can be just as important as anew mower.
    you use it at each property that you mow and maintain. in my opinion the best blower on the market is the Redmax eb7001.
    it is a little expensive, but well worth every penny.(475.00-550.00) depending on the dealer.

3. 1mowlawn

1mowlawn LawnSite Member

I just bought a Shindaiwa EB639 blower last week for $399.99 - Reg. $529 Very powerfull 62cc engine, and very similiar to RedMax 7001

4. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Echo's PB-650

5. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

1mowlawn, did you buy that blower from a dealer? I am buying two shindy's this weekend and they are $499/ea.

6. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Echo PB650. Although they just came out with the 750. Looks like they just changed the air cleaner though. :cool:

7. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

;) 1mowlawn you done good, Shindiawa eb630 for 400, you must have made a big purchase to get the deal huh, if not good for you i to think the Shindiawa blower is the best, i will be getting another this yr, hope i can get my dealer down to 500. maybe some of your luck will come my way.........Marks Mowing Service

8. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I have run the shindaiwa, redmax, stihl. the most powerful is the 650 and 750 from echo. the 750 is the same as the 650 except for tube mounted throttle. we have two and want two more.

Dave g

9. wattsup

wattsup LawnSite Member

You will probably be happy with any of the above options. I have an Echo 603 and do not see any need for more power other than my need for POWER. I had a handheld before I got the backpack and gave it to a friend. Every day I wish I had it back. It is much easier on small properties than the backpack. Consider getting one of those also. Good luck.

10. GCS LawnService

GCS LawnService LawnSite Member

I'm currently using the John Deere BP60's and they were new blowers for JD last spring. The blower cost should be approximately $450.00.

"Nothing Runs Like A Deere" :blob2: