what is the best brand of fertilizer

Discussion in 'LESCO' started by j.w.mullins, Oct 28, 2006.

1. j.w.mullins

j.w.mullins LawnSite Member

in the area that we live in I am having problems with wild onions and crabgrass ,also a little crimson clover. does anybody have any suggestions? I live in Bristol, TN. About 2 miles from the Nascar Track.*trucewhiteflag* THANKS ALOT

2. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

well i would say the best fertilizer is osmocote

do you want a fert or herbicide?

in florida www.crabgrassalert.com sells a crabgrass killer or local stores sell the product....i'm not sure about your area tho

3. Bob West LESCO

Bob West LESCO Sponsor

Obviously, those of us at LESCO believe we make a high-quality fertilizer that you should consider for your applications. Although, as Norm Al points out, some of the issues you bring up point to the need for more of an herbicide or a combination fertilizer/herbicide product. We do certainly offer those as well.

Our nearest store to Bristol is in Arden, NC, which I believe is about 75 miles. Given that distance, your best bet may be to look for LESCO products at a nearby Home Depot, as they carry a limited selection of LESCO products as well.

Thanks,
    Bob

4. green_mark

green_mark LawnSite Senior Member

5. just1rc

just1rc LawnSite Member

Hi Bob I've been looking in to Lesco products
    in kansas city... I've been using the hummerts 5 step program for my lawn...and it's worked great...but I feel it's over priced...and been looking at the Lesco products but i don't understand them....puly this and that....? over my head If I was to use a program on my own yard...I have the RTF and love it...very little weeds / could be better if the gal next door would take care of her...flower/weed bed... may i ask where could I start or what would I start the spring out with.....? thank for any info...please
    thank you...Roger C

6. Bob West LESCO

Bob West LESCO Sponsor

Roger,

My honest recommendation would be to go into a nearby LESCO Service Center sometime while thee weather is still cold. Business is still slow, and the guys in the store should have time to explain our products to you and help you come up w/ the right products for your lawn and the right application timing. But the key is going in now - if you wait until spring, our guys get real busy serving the professional customers and don't always have as much time for homeowners (not ideal from a customer service standpoint, I know, but reality in a business focused on the professional customer).

In addition, shoot me an email at rwest@lesco.com and I will email you a recommended lawn care program for your area.

Thanks,
    Bob

7. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

LESCO is by far the best BAR NONE. The quality is always reliable. The deliveries & service are the best. We've been using LESCO products for many years now.......sure, we tried "others", but I consider LESCO my "silent partner" in business. I honestly cannot thank LESCO enough for what they have done for us over the years. Before LESCO opened up a local store, we bought direct...Rick Foley was "top notch"!!! (Bob -- next time you see Rick, please say hi, as I know changed careers). Also I guess I'm spoiled.....one of our local LESCO guys often drops off products to us on his way home--talk about personal service!

Bottom line: If LESCO sold cars, I'd buy 'em. That's how much I TRUST LESCO. Very sincerely, American Lawn Care, Des Moines.