What is the best brand tow behind debris loader?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by sticklelm, Oct 9, 2013.

1. sticklelm

sticklelm LawnSite Senior Member

Looking at purchasing a tow behind debris loader. Right now i see Billygoat, Scag, and Monster as top choices. I want something that will get the job done FAST yet be reliable for years to come. I also want a machine that can shred the leaves really well. and also a high cfm.

Im considering the 35hp billygoat, 36hp monster, and the a scag 35hp or 48hp.

The main difference i found were the impellors. billygoat and monster have teeth on theirs and scag has no teeth. is there much of a difference in the three of these regarding mulching of the leaves?

I've never owned a loader before so please provide good feedback. thanks.

2. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Scag brought someone, I think it was trac vac. That being said we had 3 monsters we used to load 750s all season
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. sticklelm

i think its called giant vac?http://www.giant-vac.com/truckloaders.html

their 48hp looks huge! havent called for a price yet though... im sure its rediculously overpriced.

How do you like the monsters? i here they are better built then billygoat's. material wise.

4. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

We had big block vanguard's 37 HP I think. They worked great
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. ANA Proscapes

ANA Proscapes LawnSite Member
    from NH

Giant vac is no longer in business. The company that used to manufacture all of the vacs for giant-vac started there own company called Monster vacs. Monster vac is basically the same as the giant-vacs to a Point. GV used to be the best vacs around but they went down hill over the years. We still have giant-vacs thou. GV has been my vac of choice for many many many yrs.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

ODB BROTHER!!!! Take a look at GrasshoppersLLC's thread in the picture section entitled "the leaf monster" Cool stuff for sure... Of course not everyone can get a great deal on an old municipal unit but lot's of cities and towns use these.... I use Scag walk behinds so I would love to grab a Scag loader..... Can't beat the orange!

7. sticklelm

I just got a billygoat walkbehind. And yea the ODB is nice but expensive. Plus huge! I saw one nice used 84HP diesel going for $9k plus.
    Posted via Mobile Device