What is the best/cheapest trimmer racks to buy?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by woodydog, Apr 26, 2005.

1. woodydog

woodydog LawnSite Member

For an open trailer, what are your opinions?

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

If you have a Tractor Supply Store (TSC) near you then they have a "knock-off" of the Green Touch 3 Rack setup for $49 and they are very heavy duty and well built, lockable and work well as I have them on all my open trailers.

3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

throw them in the back of the truck

4. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Preco parts has some decent ones for around $70, bought some 3 years ago and they are still working.

5. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sometimes this isn't a bad idea. We have racks on all of our trailers and I still find myself putting trimmers and blowers in the back of the truck every now and then. I hate the blower racks on the open trailers, I never use mine. The trimmer holders are ok, but I always worry about them bouncing around and breaking in half or damaging the shaft. Bobby, sometimes I wonder why I even spent all kinds of money on these things... I'd now rather have it in my pocket then for my employess to tear them up and mess up my equipment using them.

6. Daddio

Daddio LawnSite Member

I bought all green touch racks approx. 10 yrs ago (3 place trimmer, 2 place hand held blower and backpack) best investment I have made. Never had to replace any hand held equipment due to damage, just wear them out. That won't happen rolling around in the back of a truck!

7. fairwayCuts

fairwayCuts LawnSite Member

I've been using trimmer trap products this year. They are great!. Although it may not seem like a time saver, it does save me quite a bit of time. Last year I was bun-geeing all my equipment on my trailer, now I just lock and load :gunsfirin ! They are a little expensive, but well worth it I think.

8. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I used greentouch for a while then sold em. Now I have a 2 place junglejims... and a greentouch tool rack. I also have a chainsaw rack. I like the jungle jims to a point but to lift it up and out is a PITA.

9. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

spent the $$$ and get yourself a Trimmer Trap TT-2 rack. I was just thinking today about the time savings it is to be able to grap and replace my trimmers so fast! Not to mention the trimmer trap racks don't let your high dollar trimmers bounce around and spin like the green touch, lesco, and other look alikes to those. I had lesco racks for a year and my trimmers were breaking all the time. repaired them and got trimmertrap rack. never had another breakage of any kind. same trimmers. concidence? I think not!

10. aclassic

aclassic LawnSite Member

for something cheap, until you can buy a set of trimmer traps (best but $$) you can make some really cheap using 2x6's and large clips.
    i dont have batteries for my digicam, but heres a couple i have seen on lawnsite that i got my idea from.
    to lock mine, i just put 2 holes in the wood, one above the trimmer shaft and one below, then looped a Python sinching Masterlock through it to keep it from walking off.

whacker racks.jpg